Monday, September 29, 2008

A Bunch of Nothing

There hasn't been anything really out of the ordinary going on around here, so I thought i would just update on the norm. I think I felt the baby kick today, not totally certain but it really felt like a kick and not gas bubble. I was laying on the couch on my side and Ashlyn came and sat by me and was right up against my belly and there was a little pressure from her leaning and when she moved I felt this little thump right by my belly button. I don't know if it was wishful thinking or really a kick, but the time is getting about right for me to feel stuff. I will be 16 weeks Wednesday and i believe with Devin i started feeling stuff around 4 1/2 months so i guess in my mind i should feel it a little earlier this time. We have decided on a full girl name and part of a boy name, Kailyn Danielle (girl, obviously) and Dillin (boy). We have come to the tradition of "D" middle names, not on purpose it just kinda happened with the other two so we are keeping up the trend, so i am still on the hunt for a boy middle name. I was at candle party this weekend, yeah mommy time, and was flipping through my friends baby name book and saw a few that i like but my pregnancy brain took over and i cant remember them. So i guess I need to get that book from her. I have, for certain, come to the conclusion that i must stay away from wheat and tomatoes especially together. We had pizza the other night and i had 2 bread stick with sauce and only ate the topping off my pizza and i got super sick. But yesterday i had goat cheese on water crackers, which are made with wheat flour, and i was fine, I don't think i even got heartburn. So i guess tomatoes, which recently in last few years i also discovered i am sensitive to, are the kicker. So i am trying to listen to my body which is hard cause i love tomatoes although they don't like me.

Antonio had duty tonight so we have had a pretty lazy day. We did a partial day with school, kinda easing into it cause last week was our week off and this morning we were all a little groggy and grumpy. We started a new book, Homer Price, it is interesting so far. Ashlyn was dying to see what happens next but i was mean mommy and said we have to wait till tomorrow. Devin has gotten sick of his worksheets so I think i am going to start pulling out the 100's board and we are gonna do stuff with that together, and the ABC poster. I currently have it in the hallway by there rooms, but i think it just gets passed by there so i am going to move it somewhere more central so i can remember to talk about it more.

We did decide to use cloth diapers so i went on an ordering spree at diaperswappers, an online community where moms sell or trade there diapers they have been using, and got some great deals. I may still need a few more covers and another dozen prefolds but i am going to try and wait for awhile unless i get a deal that i cannot pass up (hint hint if anyone has anything they don't want or need LOL). A friend from one of our homeschool groups is going to come over tomorrow and we are going to serge some cloth wipes, i finally got it rethreaded (threading it is a pain), and whipped one wipe up yesterday in about 30 seconds. Flannel seems to be the fabric of choice at all the place you can buy them and the friend is done having babies so she is going to bring over a bunch of flannel blankets that we will make into wipes. I hadn't really had the sewing bug until we planned this and i got my serger threaded and now i cant wait. I also and knitting my first bootie/sock, it has really exercised my brain, i had to give up trying to use logic when reading the pattern and just do it cause it was frustrating me. But it all worked, proves that i guess you don't always need to know why your doing something. Well that's all the nothings i have for now. Ta ta

No comments: