Thursday, October 2, 2008

OB Appointment

We had our 16 week appointment today. The kids joined me and did pretty well over all. Devin was very funny and silly, of course. When she was trying to find the heartbeat Ashlyn, I think, asked me to tell her the names we have, so I did and then Devin piped in with his choices on names. He said if its a boy it will be Doo Doo and when it gets older he''ll call it Captain Bones. and then he decided if its a boy it will be Stinky and if its a girl it will be Pinky. It was very funny, I told him when we got home (after he repeated the names to me for the 3rd time) that we are gonna stick with Dillin if its a boy and Kailyn if its a girl. He said ok i like Dillin. I guess he thinks he gets a say in all this, I will let him think that it's fine.

So as she was trying to find the heart beat she had troubles, she would start to get it and then baby would move. So she diecided to just get the ultrasound machine. The funny/ironic thing about this was that in the car right as we were pulling into a parking spot at the hospitol Ashlyn was trying to explain to Devin that we might find out what sex the baby is next time but that they wouldnt be able to go. Devin was a little sad and said he wanted to see the baby and i was like i know bud i am sorry but the room is little and only daddy can come. So fast forward to the room and getting ultrasound, God really gave us a little blessing cause the kids got to see the baby. It was moving around lots and even looked like it waved at us. Ashlyn was so excited she was right up next to the screen just a talking to the midwife, Devin instisted on sitting with me on the table. It's amazing how much baby has grown since the 8 week ultrasound. I definatly want to get as little procedures and ultra sounds as possible done and try to go about things as naturally as I can, but this was super exciting.

1 comment:

Josee said...

That's so awesome that the kids got to see the baby! YEAH! My babe hides from the doppler machine, too. They must just hate that noise! I know it scares Danny.