Thursday, October 9, 2008

No Title

Well, we have had an interesting week. Mommy and kids have all been a mess, not sure whats going on but I know it will work itself out. On Tuesday my belly kept getting really crampy at about 3:30 it really started to make me not feel so good, so i spent the night at home while the family went to bible talk. I was getting concerned that i was having real contractions, it was so hard to tell. Cause it wasn't anything timeable and it seemed to never go away. So I just layed on my left side drank some water and Gatorade and prayed God would make it obvious to me is i needed to go in. I ended up going to bed and woke up fine, but I noticed yesterday that i need to listen to my body and sit down often. I also noticed that my belly seemed to have grown over night so i am thinking that baby might be having a growth spurt. This being the third child you would think i would feel like a pro and nothing minor would concern me, but that is not the case, I actually feel more concerned this time around. And everything is more intense this time. My midwife told me that i need to make sure i get enough rest or when i get to the end i am going to feel like i have been hit by a truck (too bad i already feel like that some days). Seeing my belly grow is very exciting and I am feeling baby a little bit. They are very soft kicks at this point and they are very sporadic(sp?) it is exciting to feel it. I have been letting the kids feel my belly when i lay on my back, you can really feel the hardness of my uterus then, and they are really amazed. Ashlyn is really into the baby, she is at that age i guess. I told her that the baby can hear now so she loves to talk to my belly and kiss it, so cute. On Monday we had to go to the lab so i could do my glucose test, which i was supposed to do a long time ago but being sick and busy i put it off oooppps, i have to get it done early cause i had gestational diabetes with ashlyn and one of the pregnancies we miscarried. So the midwife called and i failed it, my levels were elevated so now i get to go back for a 3 hour test to see if i have GD this time around. I was telling Antonio that its a good thing i eat a lot better now then i did when i prego with ashlyn cause it wont be such a shock to the system when i have to eat the special way. I pretty much eat that way now with a few exceptions everyday so it wont be to big of a deal, but with the first pregnancy i ate a lot of carbs (and had the extra weight gain to prove it) so it was like being tortured eating the special diet. It was defiantly the start to learning how to eat better, so an amen is order i guess. Today we all seem to be doing better so hopefully today will be a turning point in our crazy week. Hope all of yours has went a little better than ours!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear from you! Hope you pass the GD Test!!!!