Thursday, August 21, 2008

Pregnancy Ramblings

Well I spent another night home from church last night, think this is my third or fourth week in a row. I feel pretty yucky at night and am a little afraid of leaving the house, I don't really care to throw up in public, and I get car sick even more when I am pregnant so if you mix an already sensitive stomach and a 20 minute car ride that could equal not so much fun at church. So Ashlyn and I stayed home last night and hung out and watched TV. I actually felt really good yesterday until 4:30, then the nausea kicked in a little but not too bad so I cooked fettuccine Alfredo for dinner. I skipped the pasta due to my wheat thing and opted for my sauce over veggies and chicken. Well, I didn't suspect it wouldn't agree with me, was I ever wrong. I was pretty miserable last night. I guess I need to stick to really bland things like baked potatoes and [plain rice. But this morning i feel better, this seems to be the trend.

We are considering cloth diapers, again, I used them for about a month with Devin. I wasn't as prepared as I should have been and I was by myself, so I think that had a lot to do with it. Antonio didn't like it much, but we only had prefolds and covers, so if we do it this time I am going to have a stash of all in ones and pocket diapers for him to use. We aren't totally sold on the idea yet. I read a few articles about the chemicals in disposables, little scary, and I am trying to weigh the pros and cons. I tend to get excited about purchasing all the new stuff and the prospect of a new adventure but when it comes to reality time then its not always so fun. But on the other hand with a more realistic stock of diapers and a husband home it may not be that bad. So we will see, I am waiting to get a yea or nae from hubby so I can start stocking either way. But I do feel like I shouldn't purchase anything quite yet, wait till I pass the 12 week mark. Well I am being beckoned by the boy so ta ta for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used cloth with T & loved them. My favorite are Puddle Catchers. They are like the all in ones but you use a cover too. I liked them because I could use the same cover all day & just had to change the inside diaper, Very easy! Not so bulky either. I also have fuzzy bunz which I like too. You can just buy the cheep gerber pre-folds from walmart to use inside them. I got a whole lot for $100 of all different kinds from a lady at LaLeche. So if your looking at a certain brand let me know I might have some & can let you know how well they hold up. I can't wait to start using mine again with Z. The laundry part does suck alittle, I had to wash them everyother day. You want to put them in a breathable container or they start to build up bacteria. I even bought the hose that attatches to your tolet to rinse them. Good Luck & Let me know what u decide :-)