Saturday, August 2, 2008

Birthday Fun

Yesterday was my birthday and I woke up to Ashlyn wishing me happy birthday. She really loves birthdays, every ones. She was so excited to go shopping and buy me a present with Daddy, I think one of her love languages is Receiving Gifts cause she also loves to give them!! So I went to my appointment as stated in yesterdays post and after we went home and had a wonderful birthday nap, as I told Antonio today growing a baby is not easy business, I am tired. Ashlyn woke up from her nap and said "I will be right back!!" And she brought me a card that she made all by herself, it was red construction paper (she said cause my favorite color is red, so thoughtful) and she wasn't sure how to spell some of the word so she copied them off another birthday card a friend had sent me. I thought this was very intelligent of her,if you don't know something you go figure out how to do it, yeah. Antonio got off early so we headed down the hill, which is Palm Springs about 1 hour away. I think any trips over 30 minutes will be null and void until I have the baby cause I got a little ill. He took us to the Cheesecake factory, which was super beautiful. I am not sure if they all look like this or it was because it was in Palm springs. But with my nose all the sudden being very efficient, I got a little nauseous when we walked in the door. When the waitress came to offer us some bread and she got a very desperate "yes please" from me, she was very prompt with her return. I have been trying to stay away from wheat, it doesn't like me very much, and it gives me even worse heartburn than I already have. But I was desperate at this point and with the bread and Antonio's sprite (I've also been trying to stay away from that too) I was able to keep my stomach contents down. But I didn't get to eat, I ordered Mahi Mahi and it didn't smell too good to me at the time, but Antonio's french fries were awesome. I felt bad that I wasn't very good company at that very thoughtful and wonderful dinner, but I couldn't help it. So we left and I didn't begin to feel better, so we stopped at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and I got several dark chocolate covered strawberries. I've had one (I know i must be pregnant and ill) and they are wonderful. Then we went to Target, which is the closest to us, and got some much needed bookshelves. Antonio is slaving away putting them together, I tried to help but he said I looked pathetic and needed to go do something with myself ( I am a little tired and nauseous). The drive home was equally painful and then and there i announces I don't think we should drive this far while I'm pregnant. It was fun all in all and nice to get away. I was at the beginning of my pregnancy with Devin on my also and I think I had some similar issues, funny how you forget those things until you relive them. I did try my Mahi Mahi when I got home after a rest and some saltines and it was yummy. The broccoli tasted really good too.

No comments: