Tuesday, December 23, 2008

12 Weeks to Go

Tomorrow I will officially be in my 3rd trimester and today i found myself saying (to myself) i cant believe i am going to have a baby. I think that knowing about all the work, physical and emotional and spirital, that is required to raise children, frankly is freaking me out a little bit if i think to hard about it. I feel though in the last few days God has settled down some of my anxieties and i am feeling a little more at peace. It always gets figured out, there will be an adjustment period, but i will look back and not even be able to remember life with out 3 kids (not that i would ever want to). I never really thought i would have these fears, i wouldnt trade my life for the world. I love being home and raising them, i think i've just had the preshow jitters.

At my appointment last week we discussed the procedures if i do end up having placenta previa. If the scan at 33 weeks shows that the placenta is attached on top of the OS (opening of the cervix) then i will have to have a C-section at 36-37 weeks. They dont want you to dialate at all or there could be large amounts of blood loss, i guess it can be pretty serious. So that was a little bit of a shocker, her possibly being here in February. If the placenta is less than 2 cm from the OS then i get a C-section at 39 weeks, and if it has completely move out of the way then we are home free for natural birth. I've been trying to wrap my brain around the logistics of recovering from a C-section, nursing a baby after one, and the pain really is the biggest of my concerns. so we have about 4 weeks till we get the news and then we will see.

Kids are super excited for Christmas and me too. Ashlyn suggested decorating sugar cookies on christmas day, so that is going to be our fun. Other than that we are staying home and relaxing and enjoying antonio being home for the holidays this year. I've had a cut up whole chicken in my freezer that i've been avoiding frying, so i will do it for our dinner. i've also had this potatoe obsession this pregnancy and gravy too. I love gravy made from fried chicken so im gonna whip some up, yummy.

Oh and that snow storm we had ended up dumping 7.5 inches on us. It was really fun, the kids went out a couple times each day for about 30 minutes, cause we didnt have gloves or snow pants. We went through lots of clothes for about 3 days, but they had a blast. It's all gone now, sniffle sniffle, would have been great for Christmas day.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I am excited for you that your new little one will be here soon. C-sections aren't to bad. I have one with Maddie. I will be praying that you will be able to have a natural birth. Have a Merry Christmas.