Sunday, February 15, 2009

35 Weeks and 1 Day....

till my due date, but hey who's counting!! Obviously I am. We are ready as far as things go, we have been blessed with a ton of clothes. I think I spent about $15 on some second hand things and the rest we got from friends and freecycle. At my baby shower I got mostly 3-6 months and up, which was totally God cause we had no older girl clothes, and just a few days before the shower i was thinking that we needed to start stocking up on the next size. The shower was great, we had so much fun. There were a few games that I had never played before and the ladies from church really put their hearts into it and encouraged me.



It still seems so sureal (SP??) that we will be adding another child to our home. I am switching betweeen excitement and scared and the need to plan out life for after baby. i think the labor process is what is scaring me at this point, I need to stop watching baby stories and other shows with women laboring. I asked antonio why he though i was more freaked out this time and he said it's cause i have done it naturally and know how much its gonna hurt. I told him he was probably right! I have been praying a lot about it and asking that God make it that we do have a totally natural birth. Hopefully the 3rd will go fast.



Baby is really growing, she is very crowded in there now. i can feel her little feet in my ribs pushing out as far as they will let her. I definatly cry out in pain frequently these days as she pushes on other important and sensitive internal organs. I enjoy being able to play name that body part at this stage. Ashlyn loves to join me, it's great to have a girl in the house cause the boys dont get into it like we do. I will put Devins hand on my belly and ask if he wants to feel the baby hiccup and he will pull his hand away and then i will say you dont want to feel buddy and he'll say with a deep breath ok mom. He is training already on how to make his women happy. I cant wait to start putting all Kailyn's cute little clothes on her, I have dresses for days. She is going to be Ashlyn and I's little dress up doll.



Ashlyn's birthday is coming up in a couple weeks, I cant beleive it, she will be 8. Where does the time go. We are thinking of having a combined party this year. My Mom and Step Dad may come out in April and since they usually dont get to come to the kids b-day parties i thought we would combine Ashlyn, Devin, and Kailyn's and celebrate with them and all our friends. Ashlyn is already planning decorations and themes, she is so cute, she wants a lot of the to be homemade.



The kids are both learning lots of new things. Ashlyn is discovering that she can read a lot of words in most picture books and is getting more confident. She has been reading to Devin and it is really cute. devin has the stories memorized so as she is sounding some words out he is telling her what they are. She doesnt like that very much. And Devin has started a learining letters craze, to go along with his numbers which he has learned alot about. Our daily life is filled with Mommy how do you spell ______? And he tries to make words on the fridge magnets, he gets a little frustrated when he doesnt come up with a real word. Ashlyn and I also started some time telling, i figured we better start that soon. I can tell her brain is ready for it at this point, it wasnt a year or so ago, she picked up the hour and half hour with out a blink of an eye. Next we move on the quarter hours and getting the minutes down. I notice that her brain needs time to process things,if we do to much she gets overwhelmed. I would have to say that is one of the reasons i love homeschooling, we get to go at their pace.

Well thats all for now...i hope everyone is well.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I am so glad that things are going so well for you all. I can't wait to see pictures of the new baby.