Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Knitting

A couple of months ago I was trying to learn to knit. I watched a DYI video on the Internet that taught me to cast on and do the knit stitch. So i did that for awhile, but soon decided i wanted to do a project. So I went online and bought a knitting book with much excitement to start my first project. I soon got my books in and found a pattern that I liked and ran off to Micheals to get my supplies. As I stood in the yarn isle searching for the yarn i needed (not a sales person in sight mind you) I couln't find the right yarn. Really i found everything but what i needed. I was very discouraged needless to say. Then i signed Ashlyn up for dance class here in Richlands. I also discovered this great little yarn shop. Then lady is great who works there, she has been knitting since she was 5 years old and is a very wise and patient teacher. So i sat down with her and she showed me more about knitting in 10 minutes then i had learned in the past 3 months. I started with dishcloths/washcloths and then moved on to hats. I am currently on my second hat. Below is a picture of the first hat when i started it. I will post the finished product when i get a minute to take a picture. So i am really loving knitting, next i will learn to do mittens. Enjoy




















































1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very cool! What fun project.